PD rx constant bckground defragging & FDISR incompatible?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Was wondering if the reason they dropped FDISR is that it's no longer compatible with the new PD rx suite being that it constantly defrags in the background when the computer is idle? Is that why you think, software incompatibilities now?

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Maybe, who knows. PDRx is a step back for me and I'm not going to use it in practice.
    PD is a defragger and you don't add new functions, that have nothing to do with defragging.
    That's what I call the beginning of BLOATWARE.

Windows is a beautiful example of bloatware. An Operating System with nothing but mediocre applications.
    Ditch all its applications and you have a real Operating System. Another example of bloatware is Nero.
    Many software developers make always the same mistake, they keep on adding new features, which have nothing to do with the original purpose of the software, just because there has to be a new version.
    A new version has to improve the main job of the software and without superfluous functions.
    If there is no improvement of its main job, I don't need a new version.

3. Horus37

It might be a combo of incompatibilities and the MS VSS system data corruption on offline defrags. I noticed both Disk keeper and PD8 both do offline defrags and now PD rx suite does not.

Also, did you notice that CCleaner used to not have PD8 compatibility then it did for a bout a month then it now doesn't again?

4. ErikAlbert

I never used off-line defrags, only full defrags once a month.

I also use CCleaner, not always the latest version, but I never noticed any incompatibility with PD8.
    At this moment I use CCleaner v1.31.325 (pretty old) and PerfectDisk v8.0 build 63.

The main reason why CCleaner is so old, is because I hardly use it anymore and I'm planning to ditch it along with my registry cleaner.

I clean my 2 snapshots with a copy/update from archive to snapshot.
    My off-line snapshot with a manual copy/update.
    My on-line snapshot with an automatic copy/update (freeze storage).
    That is enough to keep both clean.

5. Horus37

CCleaner is already up to ver 1.39 so you have a real old version there. I like ccleaner and it will backup changes in the registry when you delete stuff. I wonder if the new registry cleaner in PD rx suite has a backup for changes made that you can revert back to in case something goes wrong when deleting stuff from the registry with their product?

Looks like if Raxco is marketing to FDISR users then their product should be compatible with it. So that's good.

6. ErikAlbert

I know its old, but it has no purpose anymore and certainly not, when I re-installed my computer from scratch, which will happen somewhere in 2007.
    The same for registry cleaning. Total reorganization. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.