PCU via Remote Admin

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by chr1s, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chr1s

chr1s Registered Member

Hi,

I have a newish installation on ESET nod32 on a network. The installation was pushed out and I setup the antivirus definition updates which have been working. However I noticed recently the product version has not been updating, this had not been configured in the mirror settings. I added the program components to the mirror yesterday but so far none of the clients have updated. Should this happen automatically, am I just being impatient?

Thanks
    Chris

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

PCU updates are only available for v3 (to version 3.0.695), there are no PCU updates for version 4 so far, AFAIK

3. chr1s

chr1s Registered Member

Hi, I downloaded and installed 4.2.64 on my PC but the other workstations are showing 4.2.58. Should they not be updated to the later version? or are you just saying this won't happen automatically?

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

true, PCU update wont happen automatically. you will have to create a new package and push it to clients.

5. chr1s

chr1s Registered Member

OK, that's great thanks

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ERA4 has brought a new option for upgrading v. 4.2.4x and newer clients easily. The option is called "Upgrade client" and is shown after right-clicking selected client(s) and selecting "Remote install" from the right-click menu. Its purpose is to tell the client to download an installation package from the ERA server. This method is different to "push" installation and is far more efficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.