PCTools fw 5.0.0.36 crashing

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by argus tuft, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

I just upgraded to Vista (32 bit), and am using the latest PCtools firewall, but several times a day, it crashes, with this error message
    pctoolsfw error.png
    pctoolsfw error2.png

When it crashes, it also blocks internet access (can't even acces my modem), so it's quite annoying. I poked around on the pc tools website, but they don't seem to have a forum.
    Has anyone else encountered this, and, if so, found any solutions?

Failing that, a recommendation for a light firewall that runs on vista would be much appreciated. SOmething similar to the 2.4 version of Comodo would be great - ie i don't want a system-wide HIPS with it

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

try re-installing PC Tools FW, that shoudl fix the prob. Use REVO Uninstaller to uninstall it completely THEN re-install.

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I put PCTools fw on my desktop yesterday, xp pro sp2 after removing Rising firewall which was good but.... I'd never tried PCTools.

Very nice in the few hours I've had it. The firewall with Threatfire is very light which, considering I'm running with 512RAM being light on resources is important. I can't say much else since it's only been a few hours.

It's kind of nice having a work laptop and a desktop for trying out software. Now, I don't have to worry about screwing up anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.