PCT firewall + Leaktests

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Stem, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Re: Windows 7/Compatible Firewalls

Let me go through your main points;-

It was a point of discussion in this thread. So I added to that point.
    I always try to stay away from comparisons, as they lead more to flaming(arguments on which is better). If i find problems, with such as a security applications self protection, then I will post the info. As I have posted info in the past (it is just that I have been away from forum due to ill health, so have not had time to check all the new releases of the various firewalls.)
    I do not understand that.
    But neither does the proactive tests
    This is why I check, double check and then check again the tests I make to ensure they are correct. They are not misleading.
    I did not realise it was a battle, I thought it was a discussion.

Just to add:-
    To test the defense of PCT of its system files, simply rename one.
    For the Firefox test, it is not difficult to download an Hex editor and change part of its file, which I am more than willing to show if asked.
    I do not perform tests just of one specific Vendor, I have no favorite, I actually have no feeling for any security product one way or another.

- Stem

2. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Re: Windows 7/Compatible Firewalls

I break my rule to post just few things I consider unfair...not entering in the discussion and the firewall thing.

- You have replied to half of the things...you call them my main points...I had more. This is not an invitation to further discussion of course at least from my part.
    - I have never said that the test is not accurate. Please read before replying. I have never said that the method and the results were misleading. I was referring to another thing. So no need to quote a dictionary.

Last but not least, you have never said even a simple "I'm sorry" for the insult you made to me about the supposed advertisement. Which I did when you said that I insulted you, although it was not my intention.
    It's not that I have any need of your respect or your apologies for that insult, actually, like I said I "tried" to not get insulted and continue the discussion. Although I cannot avoid mentioning that you did not say anything about it. Basic community rules I think.

Have you noticed the 3 dots and the smilie next to the battlefield? This is a phrase we use in some places in europe to say that: I don't give up my arguments easily...that I insist and support my ideas. It does not mean that there was a battle in here. It was a discussion for sure.

These were my discussion-related points. Offtopic but allow me to say needed to protect a bit my id in here. That's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.