PCLinuxOS 2012.08 review - A thing of the past

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Here's a short, sad review of PCLinuxOS 2012.08 32-bit KDE edition tested on a laptop with SSD and Intel graphics card, covering only live session with look & feel, Wireless, Samba, and multimedia playback - MP3 and Flash, plus the unsuccessful installation in a quadruple-boot configuration, with no post-install usage due to a kernel panic on boot.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/pclinuxos-2012-08.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Pc-Linux used to be awesome distro but due to health reasons its main fonder and developer left and now its comunity base distro

3. My mind was made up on PCLOS a while ago, when I discovered that it clobbers the user's custom KDE configurations whenever KDE is upgraded. I haven't touched it I figured that one out.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I liked it way back years ago in the 0.93a days... I actually had KDE, Gnome, and I think Xfce all installed at once so I could choose at login which one I wanted. I think I ran it for about 6 months.. that's my all time record for sticking with any one distro.. :)

5. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

KDE is still maintained by Texstar's followers but the rest of it have become community distros. Its shown its age but back in the day it was a great "little" distro.

6. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I am actually trying PCLinuxOs Full Monty in a VMware workstation 9, i get the error message saying "an error occured Not enough space availble (10GB availble while 10GB are needed)!!?.

I have given it 50gb free space and 2 gb ram and also 2 processors.

What am I missning here?

Its the 2012.09 version i am trying to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.