PCLinuxOS 2007 Final Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by clansman77, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, I too have enjoyed playing with all the distros, have probably tried out 15-20 of them in the past 6 months or so. For me though, I am reaching the point where I want to settle down with one and keep things stable. But even with just PCLOS, I am still learning new things every day. It's definitely fun.. :)

2. Arup

Arup Guest

My resource challenged limited brain can only handle one at a time. However, the versatility of Linux is such, it offers variety which is only limited by what one can handle.

3. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

I have just tried that Granular Linux too, but it seems to be so that only SAM 2007.1 is the only PCLinuxOS based distro available in Finnish, so I'll stick with it so that the whole family can use Linux now. :)

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

4. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

Hmm, in PCLOS 2007 open Synaptic and type "Finnish" in the search box, all that stuff should take care of you :) Finnish KDE :cool:

Of coarse I never tried it but you could and let us know....:D

5. Firefighter

Thanks a lot. Plenty of stuff more in Finnish too in this SAM, even KDE, although I use only that Xfce 4.4 thing. :)

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, I decided to pass on Granular and stick with PCLOS myself. I installed Gnome and Xfce also, so I now have all 3 environments to play with. Everything works well, no conflicts, no problems so far after several days. Very nice..

7. Arup

Arup Guest

Not sure about others, but PCLOS comes with ck patched high performance kernel in the repositories itself, both lowmem and highmem versions, makes it quite a lucrative package for sure.

8. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Ok Mrk
    You got me into this, I will blame you if I don't like Suse and forgo the Linux thing for good.

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Fair nuf, fair nuf...
    But if you give up - what does that tell about you? That's you're a part time lover? Smooth operator?
    Mrk

10. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

Well what do you think ? he/she is talking about going out with Suse in a PCLinuxOS thread :D

11. Firefighter

I've tried that yesterday but no success to get it worked in PCLOS, so far it seems to be so that SAM is the ONLY REAL automatic multilingual PClinuxOS based distro available. :ouch:

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.