PcFlankLeakTest&LnS

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by osip, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osip

osip Registered Member

Well,hard to beleive that this excellent fw does´nt pass PC Flank´s test...I´m using phantom´s ruleset and was astonished that LnS failed...Probably a config matter or....?Tnx in advance for proper advice....

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Are you talking about the online scan test ?

If you are, did you check if the IP displayed by PCFlank at the beginning of the test is the same as the one displayed by Look 'n' Stop in the Welcome page ?
    If they are not the same, PCFlank is testing another machine.

Regards,

Frederic

3. osip

osip Registered Member

...thx for answering,no,I did the test by executing the PCflank´s exe...It opens IE and tests the inserted text string....

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

5. osip

osip Registered Member

Ok,I red the thread but nevertheless don´t know how to react on the failing:rubbish or not...? I mean when deleting IE in LnS apps the test still demands to open up IE for the test to go through, no matter if you use, for instance, firefox as the default browser...So,how come that Comodo does´nt fail but LnS does...?I feel that this question is essential for keeping LnS:s reputation towards its competitors...

6. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Well, this is just another example, why you should use IE for Windows Updates only.
    You can permanently block IE and use one of the alternative browsers instead!

LnS is just one piece for security ;)

Thomas :)

7. osip

osip Registered Member

yeah,that´s allright ok...But,in some cases when for instance you use a certain bank certificate procedure and firefox is´nt acceptable-only IE ,then you still have a problem...If my sentence in the linktester leaks and is readable,can I rely on IE:s secure sites or not...that´s what I´m wondering about....

8. yaya

yaya Guest

don't use IE is no excuse
    look n stop should be able to block the leak if other firewalls can...

9. osip

osip Registered Member

should be able,yeah...but how?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.