PC World has good prices for Eset AV & Smart Security.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Blackcat, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

why buy a cd when we can buy on line, download and install immediatly ?

and no renewal price on this site... :doubt:

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

For the simple reason that the price given is nearly 40-50% cheaper than the price on the UK Eset site for the AV/Smart Security. Then use the serial/key-file in the box for installing on-line.

You are obviously not familiar with PC World; they do not have a renewal system for any software they sell.

For potential new users in the UK I would have thought that this was a great way to jump aboard the NOD/ESET bandwagon, without the high initial cost of the first license.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I didn't realise pc world matched the price i paid on amazon for smart security 1 year 3 user. thanks for posting
    Will have to remember to look on there when i need to renew.

5. piranha

piranha Registered Member

weird that a reseller have better price than the editor itself... Not a good news for editor customer... o_O

6. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

It's quite common. Resellers often cut their margins. It's all about a reseller enticing a customer "in through their doors" with a good deal on one product. Statistically, the customer will often end up browsing through the full range products offered buy the reseller and make orders on further products, sometimes things they never wanted in the first place.

Also with v4, PCWorld has probably cut price further to clear stocks for new v5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.