PC won't boot

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi - I have a new Windows 8 pc with an AMD processor. I did something really dumb. I went to uninstall a program & I uninstalled the wrong one by mistake. The one I uninstalled was the AMD stuff. So now the pc won't boot up. I only get a blank screen. Is there a way to I can repair this or should I just return it to the store & get a new one? Thank you. D:'(

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Something else must of happened at the sametime. By uninstalling amd drivers in windows 8 would not make the computer unbootable. You say the computer is new so it should have a warrenty so my advice is to contact the manufacturer for advice.

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

The simplest thing may be to take it back.

If you can boot into Safe Mode you may be able to do a Windows System Restore:

http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

If you uninstalled the video drivers, you'll boot up to a black screen! Best bet is boot into Safe Mode and try reverting back in time using Windows System Restore to the time before you uninstalled the drivers! Or if you made a factory copy CD, insert that to restore Windows to the original default factory settings. If none of that works, as long as you have your receipt, you should be able to get your PC exchanged. When I screwed up a boot up of my first PC, Wal-mart exchanged it with no issues. Let's face it, mistakes are going to be made and every one understands this!

All I can say is, good luck with restoring your computer and don't touch ANY driver software in the future.

5. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Just as you boot your system up, keep hitting the "F11" key. It will bring you to a recovery/repair section. This section is located on a separate partition. As long as the HD is healthy, you will be able to restore your PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.