Pc won't boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PMH, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMH

PMH Registered Member

After activating startup recovery manager on a HDD other than the OS HDD the PC won't boot. Only after I delete the manager does it bootup. Any suggestions are apreciated.
    True Image 10 Home latest build
    Windows XP
    SP1

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There is no need to activate the SRM. What are you trying to achieve - I've never had to activate the SRM to do any Backup or Cloning or Restores.

3. PMH

PMH Registered Member

There are times when you cannot boot to the OS for example a virus or file corruption so the SRM allows you to backup up your PC to a time when things were working correctly.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

That's what the bootable TI Cd is for. You can make this after installing the TI software. I prefer this to activating the SRM which messes with the MBR.
    The bootable TI CD has all the basic BAckup, Recovery and Clone features on it.

5. PMH

PMH Registered Member

You're right that the TI cd can be used but the SRM was used in the past but something is causing a problem now and I would like to find out. It might be that it's messing with the MBR.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PMH,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following in order to provide us with additional information so we could investigate the issue and provide you with a possible solution? Note that this may require you to reproduce the issue.

1) Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Name the collected file report_before.txt

2) Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

3) Do not reboot your computer and run Acronis Report Utility once again. Name the created newly created report file report_after.txt.

Please also clarify if you have received any error messages upon booting your computer. What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

Having collected the above information please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. bennynow

bennynow Registered Member

HI, Is there any solution yet? I got the same problem.

By the way, PMH, how do you delete or deactivating startup recovery manager? since I can't even boot into Windows.

Thanks in advance.

True Image 10.0.4942

Windows Vista Utimate

8. bennynow

bennynow Registered Member

In addition, this is the error message:

windows\system32\winload.exe
    0xc0000225

My notebook is dead now and I cannot use it,:'( please help!

Thank you.

9. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You will have to do a Vista repair install. See this thread for discussions of this issue https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=173214.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.