PC Wont Boot with Disk Direcotor Suite 9

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by doubledecks, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledecks

doubledecks Guest

when i start my machine today i just get a repeating "Starting Acronis Loader....." message after the initial PC checking procedures... and it goes no further! I have had no problems up until now of it offering me the choice of 2 windows Operating Systems I have had on the machine since i bought it. I have not messed with acronis in windows, i wouldn't know how to!! I have tried booting from the acronis CD, but no joy, however the machine boots from the windows CD, and in recovery mode I can do directories of the c: drive etc... so the machine seems to be working ok, just acronis appears to have locked up! help!...

2. kite

kite Guest

looks like the os-selector was installed and activated.

maybe doing a fixmbr from the recovery console (can be started from the windows install-cd) might help to restore the boot-procedure with the original nt-loader.

3. doubledecks

doubledecks Guest

many thanks, the master boot record fixing enabled me to get into one of the versions of XP, from which i was able to restart/reconstruct the acronis loader... how does the MBR get so easily corrupted..o_O?

4. kite

kite Guest

assuming that os-selector was installed and activated on your machine that is the answer. os-selector or at least the beginning of it is installed in the master boot record.

there is something not completely fully developed under the hood of acronis os-selector. about a month ago i gave it a try and was very pleased with the beautifil full screen boot screen, but also had some difficulties, which i discussed with acronis people.

they promised me one and other would be fixed in the next build/update of disk director suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.