PC Tools Internet Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eBBox, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Haven't seen comments on this for some time - Anyone tested it?

http://www.pctools.com/internet-security/

If it is powered by PCTools: Spyware Doctor, Threatfire, Antivirus & Firewall, it should have a decent detection rate :)

2. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Sounds interesting indeed

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

PC Tools AV is powered by ~VirusBuster.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

so is threatfire included in their suite?

it 'could' sell if it was 'integrated properly' with spyware doctor.

5. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I agree, been using there free firewall for 10 months and love it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

If TF(refered to pulled-off version a week ago) can not solve the system freeze bottle neck during bootup, then the question of integrated properly could well be very long shot. SD and TF may , compete each other for very same targets during system bootup.

This may hold true why Antibot has not yet been incorporated into NIS 2008.

Take care.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  7. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

IMHO not so sure, the Internet Security Suite market is crowded and struggling. We shall see...:rolleyes:

8. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I have not tried their latest version, but when Pctools released their first version (5) of the Spyware Doctor, it gave me a major headache and in the end, after spending a lot of time and effort, I had to resort to reformatting my harddrive and reinstalling everything.

Then I ditched it.

So, I don't really know what software they have now, but if I were to accuse Pctools of unscrupulous business ethics it would be more than just an accusation.

I wouldn't risk it, but if you feel lucky ... :)

9. debls

debls Registered Member

I am a long time fan of Spyware Doctor. I do not deny that there were problems with SD5 and that it was released way to early. I myself never had any major problems with it even when it was beta.
    I have been running PCTIS for about 3 weeks now and have had no problems. I had NIS2007 because it is free from my ISP. That was o.k. but if you want to talk about shady business ethics Norton has to be on the top of the list.
    Anyway, I found that PCTIS runs lighter on my system than the NIS did and it does not seem to become as embedded as Norton.
    I myself prefer a suite. Has worked well for me. I am a very careful user and find I do not have to always have what it rated number one in every area. That seems to change with the wind anyway LOL. I tend to judge products simply be how well what I have has protected my PC. I have never had problems with PC Tools products. My introduction to them was when Spyware Doctor was the only application I found a couple of years ago that would remove an infection from my PC.
    The firewall in the suite has a stealth mode that I like. I am not an expert when it comes to PC's so I appreciate an application that is relatively simple for me to setup which PCTIS is. This may not suit more advanced users who for instance like to tinker with firewall settings.
    I run PCTIS with Threatfire and SpywareBlaster and Win Patrol.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.