pc tools 2010 bad experience

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawkeen, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

pc tools 2010 bug *fixed*

I had a license file from June for pc tools 2010 internet security. After the latest round of tests from av-test.org I wanted to give it a whirl.

I installed it with default options. A few days later I was FTP'ing large batch jobs that had thousands of items. Filezilla gave me the memory buffer error and couldn't connect to work site. My internet was hosed as nothing worked. I am assuming this is a bug with pc tools 2010 IS firewall or intelliguard settings.

So I uninstall and reinstall microsoft security essentials. Few days later, I think lets give it one more try so I install pc tools 2010 IS again. The same FTP problem occurs so I uninstall and reboot. Upon rebooting, my windows is "Illegal" due to not being a "genuine" copy. I am getting presented with "Activation Error 0x8007000D". I bought this copy of windows 7 from microsoft so I know it and the key are legit.

To fix this activation error I had to boot up the win 7 dvd and run safe mode to restore pc to earlier point. If I tried restoring pc while logged in it failed.

I am using win 7 64 bit enterprise version. Has anyone experienced this before?

Hawk

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I think it's a problem with Firewall, I had this problem with Firewal Plus. It is being discussed in the PC Tools Forum. Since I reinstalled FP I didn't get this problem but a bug surely is there and they are trying to fix it.

3. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

Hi Sadeghi85,

thanks for posting the link. I went over there and read the forum posts and applied their solution and so far everything is working. This is why I like wilders because people here really help.

Thanks again.

cheers
    Hawk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.