PC Pro News: Antivirus firms charge loyal customers more

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by optigrab, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Very brief post linked here. It mentions ZoneAlarm Internet Suite 2007, McAfee Internet, Security Suite, and Norton Internet Security 2007.

PC Pro News: Antivirus firms charge loyal customers more

Currently I'm using F-Secure AV 2007 from the free promotion last year. I really like it, and when renewal time comes, I'm likely to pay for it. But I will also be tempted to take advantage of another suite offering a great promo. So it goes.

Who here puts their money ahead of "loyalty"?

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Unfortunately, this is the business mind set for nearly everything that markets products/services to new customers differently than it does existing ones. Magazine subscriptions, new bank customers and on and on.

In my case, I have fallen prey to the "specials" from time to time. But at the moment, loyalty is winning... :)

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I think it is good that they charge me as a loyal customer more, otherwise I might not bother changing apps when I start to feel that I pay too much :) I think it is wise to try other software too.
    I used NOD32 for three years but I realized I paid too much when comparing the price to the threat I encounter in "real life". I would say that other security actions, that are free, takes care of 99% of the threats out there anyway. (highly subjective assessment based on my experience with malware and anti malware solutions:) )
    This attitude may very well change the day I actually get infected with something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.