PC Mag

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Someone, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Are their security reviews reliable? I know many people from Wilders say it is biased, but how?

Thanks

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Haven't really read enough of them, nor always known enough about the subject of the review to know.
    I'm a little leery of reviews that have so many sponsored links/sales offers on the webpage, it can sometimes be an indication they could be biased, I guess.
    I just read one in response to the question, that for Avast Home and I don't disagree with the content. Nor do I completely agree with it. It's a reasonable review, made by someone who has referenced outside sources to make some of his determinations, so is somewhat dependent upon those sources.
    I think their reviews give a prospective user a fairly good idea, but should not be taken as definitive, just an indication. Like any review.

3. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. So you don't think the malware tests he conducts are unreliable in any way?

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Not quite what I said.
    I don't know if they are reliable or not, and I wouldn't rely on any review, in isolation, totally.

5. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Of course if you supported Product A and B won, it would be considered biased. That seems to be the mindset of people here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.