PC-BSD 10.1.2 - New Security Features.

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by x942, Mar 11, 2015.

1. x942

x942 Guest

Source.

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Thanks x942. I am looking for a direct report as to whether or not I could run this with a couple of VPN's in front of the TOR setup mentioned?

Also, how VM friendly is BCD? I almost always beta a new OS using machines before going bare metal! The host would be a linux flavor. Don't know if the VM aspect would ruin the test. Advice anyone?

3. x942

x942 Guest

No problem! I am not too sure about Tor through a VPN in this setup as it appears the firewall blocks everything EXCEPT Tor. You should be able to use a TCP VPN through Tor though (So the end-node only sees the VPN).but your ISP will still know you are using Tor.

I am running it in virtualbox right now :) The new version isn't out with these features though. That update is down the road but PC-BSD works beautifully IMO. I used the ISO to install it but you could just grab the Virtual box image here.

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Thanks. My preference is to leave my ISP in the dark on TOR use though. Still might play with an ova, which I could maybe run after my host and vpn1.