PBR 12 Home trial problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ecotack, Nov 8, 2013.

1. ecotack

ecotack Registered Member

I'm deciding which backup software to start using. At the moment I'm trying the Paragon backup and recovery 12 home trial.

Performing a disk backup works every time and appears in the Archives section. However, selective file backups don't appear in the Archives list unless I manually add them. Is this a bug or feature?

Also, if I purchase 12 will I get 14 free when its released?

2. ecotack

New problem now. If backing up to a network location, either as a path or mapped drive, it crashes. I tried a few times and got a few "Size mismatch in metadata dump" errors and sometimes just the windows message that the application had stopped working.

I have double checked and I do have read/write permission to the network location.

Its not looking good :(

3. sunrisecc

sunrisecc Registered Member

This also happens to me when I run any cyclic backup manually. I just add the archive manually also.

There was a topic about this problem a while back and Paragon stated that they could not reproduce it.

4. ecotack

My problem is I can reproduce it, every time. I'll give 14 a try when its out, but for now I'll look elsewhere, because I need a solution this week.

5. sunrisecc

sunrisecc Registered Member

So can I.

I did what Paragon asked me to do to no avail.

I live with it and add it manually. I only use the manual method a few times a year.

6. AllenRodgers

AllenRodgers Registered Member

better to backup the data

7. ecotack

Found the problem, its Comodo antivirus. If I disable Comodo antivirus it works error free. I can also re-enable Comodo antivirus in the middle of the backup without errors.

Unfortunately I need to scheduled backups and don't want to keep disabling the antivirus.

8. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member