pblms with restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jsturtevant, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsturtevant

jsturtevant Registered Member

I'm using TI8.0 b771 and have created a backup of a drive. All went flawlessly and verified.

This is an XP Pro SP1 system.

I've tried several ways to restore it to a new fresh drive and in each case the restore completes without error, the new drive boots to the XP splash screen, goes next to the XP Blue login screen and freezes (with some disk activity in the background... could be just idling)... it does not proceed to show me the two users defined for this machine login screen?

thoughts?

2. jsturtevant

jsturtevant Registered Member

Re: pblms with restore, worked when backed up from standalone environment

as a follow up, i was successful performing a backup to a network drive from the boot cd rather than windows and then restoring to a new drive.

is there a problem with backing up a live windows partition from within windows and then doing a restore to a brand new drive?

the behavior i had was the backup and restore appeared to complete without error, but when I then booted the new drive xp pro would start and almost get to the user login screen but never complete to the login screen.

thoughts?

3. jazmaan

jazmaan Registered Member

Yeah. My first thought is - why would you still be using build 771 when there's a newer build available?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jsturtevant,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding ths problem. We should try to reproduce it in our Testing Lab.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.