PB with EAV 3.0.684 installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Philippe_FR22, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,

I upgraded from 3.0.672 to 3.0.384 a few days ago but I encountered an upgrade/installation problem on a windows XP PC. Though everything is OK with an admininstrator, I cannot save configuration in limited accounts...

I uninstalled NOD32, did a deep cleaning (ccleaner), deleting all ESET related to folders (using search function) and deleting registry keys (jv16 powertool)...

After having reinstalled EAV 3.0.684, I still have the same problem.

Regards

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V3 has never supported adjusting the configuration in limited accounts. This feature was first added to v4.

3. mkuntic

mkuntic Registered Member

That (allowing configuration changes for user accounts) sounds quite dangerous. How exactly is it accomplished?

4. Marcos

Not dangerous at all given that you are prompted to enter administrator credentials in order to save settings.

5. Philippe_FR22

Hello,
    In fact, I passwd protected NOD32 configuration...
    Well, if it was not possible in V3, why not to deliver a message "You are not authorized to modify NOD32 configuration) instead of letting windows error windows like message ?

Regards

6. Marcos

Try installing EAV v4 RC, the behavior is different providing that you allow limited users to adjust settings in the EAV setup.

7. Philippe_FR22

Thank you Markos,
    But, due to optimization and stability, I'd better to wait for official relase of EAV 4.0. One more reason is that I suppose EAV 4 RC is only available with english language, isn't it ? I say that because my daughter and my wife are not really familiars with english (We are Frenches)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.