PATA hd Samsung 200Gb

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hans-J, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans-J

Hans-J Guest

I can`t boot my truimage 8 ( full ) with a samsung 200Gb PATA hd. If i use ide or ata, no problem. Can some help me

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hans-J,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the problem a little bit clearer? What hard disk controller do you use? Is everything works ok in Windows and whether you are able to see your disks in Acronis True Image under Windows? What happens when you boot Acronis Bootable CD? Please let us know your version and build number of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Hans-J,

You will have to give us a bit more information than this. Are you saying you can't boot into TI's (Linux based) rescue environment using the "Full" version of the bootable rescue CD?

Also, your statement regarding PATA and IDE/ATA is confusing. PATA is a term used to describe the type of interface between your motherboard and an IDE/ATA hard drive (PATA = Parallel ATA whilst SATA = Serial ATA). Therefore, to me, PATA and IDE/ATA are one and the same.

Please clarify.

Regards

4. Hans-J

Hans-J Guest

Hello Ilya
    I`ve been working on it. It`s seams to be my usb-hd, i use to store my image on. If i use a normal ide-disk, it
    can read the usb but not with PATA !! When i boot, the blue screen with Acronis starting and in the next i`ve got a black
    sceen and nothing else happend. I use Trueimage 8 with build 826. My hd controller comes from an Asus P4C800-e deluxe.
    Every thing works, it`s only when i boot from Trueimage Bootable CD.
    p.s if i use Acronis Bootable cd in safe mode, it works but only with the inside disk.

Thanks

Hans-J

5. Hans-J

Hans-J Guest

Thank`s for your request

I`ve been working on it. It`s seams to be my usb-hd, i use to store my image on. If i use a normal ide-disk, it
    can read the usb but not with PATA !! When i boot, the blue screen with Acronis starting and in the next i`ve got a black
    sceen and nothing else happend. I use Trueimage 8 with build 826. My hd controller comes from an Asus P4C800-e deluxe.
    Every thing works, it`s only when i boot from Trueimage Bootable CD.
    p.s if i use Acronis Bootable cd in safe mode, it works but only with the inside disk.

Thanks

Hans-J

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.