passwords

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by northstar51, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

Hello: i'm wondering what the feelings are on this forum re password generating software. are they any good? some advertise the convenience of not only generating passwords for you, but helping you to retrieve them if you can't remember them. i believe this function may pose a risk from attack by a hacker...thank you for your thoughts on this...ns51

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, northstar51

The trouble with the that sort of soft wear it the you Security program's will [could or should] keep throwing up alerts, as it is a type of hacking tool because it can fine passwords.

Also as you say the possibility of a hacker of some sort.

TheQuest :cool:

3. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

TheQuest: thanx for your input. yes, that's about what i figured re alerts and a possible vulnerability with hacking. but one further question: with the previous points conceded, how effective are the passwords these programs generate? i'm wondering if diamondcs has considered this for a program offering and maybe interface it with cryptosuite? just wondering...ns51

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, northstar51

As to how effective they are, I can not say as I have never used one because of my priviest answer.

But I am sure someone on the forum has used one or if you read Peter2150's post below this one it might give you some Idea's.

Sorry I can not be of more help.
    TheQuest :cool:

Edit:- OP's seen you have read it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.