Passwords Question

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Cosmo32, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Hello,
    I am re-integrating ESET NOD32 AV BE to my server. I am using the latest version, v4.2.x. The server runs with Win 2003 sp2. I have completed the install of the RAS, ERAC, and the servers' v4 AV (client?). I am now at step #3 - Setting up the Mirror server.

I became confused last night by a widow that detailed 'passwords' for Console, Replication, etc. Not thinking, I did enter a password for Console ?Access?. Will I be able to reset this boo-boo back to blank? Or, will I need to start over and re-install again?

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

You can reset it by following these instructions.

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

ThomasC,
    Thank you for the link. I MAY go there!
    I have sorta completed the /mirror setup, BUT, I can NOT do the 'confirm' step from any of my LAN clients. Nobody answers the call. I rebooted my server!
    YES. I suspect some interplay with the XP Firewall logic.
    NO. I did NOT tell XP to SLEEP its' Firewall before I started this complex install! Frankly, I do not know how to do this. It has never caused grief in the past.
    I am still having much fun with this new ESET learning experience.:D
    I truly do not have a problem with a total START OVER AGAIN, if required, at this point!!!

4. ThomasC

Indeed sometimes it is just better to rebuild starting with the foundation. If you decide to do that you may want to reference this.

5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

ThomasC,
    Once again I apologize. I suffered from lack of patience. I just did not back off and let the ESET magic do whatever it does (in its' good time).
    I do not think the 'password' issue in an issue any more, ATM. I will monitor.

I now see that my new ERAC properly shows both my server, and, its' AV client. Nice! (Just like old v2.7............. :D)

Now firmly playing v4.2.x into the future. Once my 2d v4 client (test) checks in (registers) with the new ERAC, I will need to be peeled off the ceiling! I can surely wait for this. It was so much fun the 1st time also (V2 BE)!
    Thank you very much for your time!

6. ThomasC

No problem at all! That is why we are here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.