Password, what password?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by citapinc, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citapinc

citapinc Registered Member

We upgraded a new client from ESET Server/RA 4 to 5 and the server upgrade went smooth. Within RA, we created a new policy, downloaded the 32-bit and 64-bit images and created new setup programs (setup32.exe and setup64.exe) for the workstations, including a new einstaller.exe.

On two of our test workstations, we ran the setup32.exe on our XP 32-bit test workstation and everything worked perfectly. We ran setup64.exe on our Windows 7 64-bit workstation and that worked perfectly too. Both of these workstations reported back to the RA just like they should be.

The following day when the rest of the office logged in, their login script executed the new einstaller.exe and their workstations all migrated to ESET Endpoint 5 just fine. However RA doesn't show them connected at all except for the two workstations we did manually.

So I logged into one of the workstations that got migrated by einstaller.exe and when I press F5 for the advanced tab, it asks for a password. What password?

I tried to uninstall ESET to reinstall and again it's asking for a password. WHAT PASSWORDo_O?? We've tried every administrator password that we have in our books and nothing is working.

Therefore two questions:

1. Is there a tool that will display the password so we can get this fixed?

2. If not, then is there a file(s) I can copy from one of the two sandbox computers that do work and replace them in these locked workstations so I can uninstall ESET and get it installed correctly?

2. citapinc

citapinc Registered Member

I posted this to the Server & Remote Administrator forum but no one seems to know the answer. Hopefully someone here can help me out before I decide to switch to another AV solution.

We upgraded a new client from ESET Server/RA 4 to 5 and the server upgrade went smooth. Within RA, we created a new policy, downloaded the 32-bit and 64-bit images and created new setup programs (setup32.exe and setup64.exe) for the workstations, including a new einstaller.exe.

On two of our test workstations, we ran the setup32.exe on our XP 32-bit test workstation and everything worked perfectly. We ran setup64.exe on our Windows 7 64-bit workstation and that worked perfectly too. Both of these workstations reported back to the RA just like they should.

The following day when the rest of the office logged in, their login script executed the new einstaller.exe and their workstations all migrated to ESET Endpoint 5 just fine. However RA doesn't show them connected at all except for the two workstations we did manually.

So I logged into one of the workstations that got migrated by einstaller.exe and when I press F5 for the advanced tab, it asks for a password. What password?

I tried to uninstall ESET to reinstall and again it's asking for a password. WHAT PASSWORD?? We've tried every administrator password that we have in our books and nothing is working.

Therefore two questions:

1. Is there a tool that will display the password so we can get this fixed?

2. If not, then is there a file(s) I can copy from one of the two sandbox computers that do work and replace them in these locked workstations so I can uninstall ESET and get it installed correctly?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There are two weird things about the configuration applied during installation:
    - it didn't have reporting to the ERA server enabled
    - it had a password for protecting settings set

The only explanation I can think of is that the configuration for the given packages was not created from scratch but rather an older one was selected during package creation which had password protection enabled and reporting to ERAS disabled.
    How many clients do you have that are not reporting to ERAS? If there are many of them, perhaps the best course of action would be to the clients them report to ERAS and then push a configuration with password protection disabled to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.