Password Protected Settings Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Red Dawn, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

I am having a problem with a friend's computer, where she has NOD32 Anti-virus installed, but the settings are password protected, and the guy that installed it can't be reached anymore. She said she never paid for a key, only paid to have her computer fixed that had some malware on it by him, and that she thinks it's either a trial version, or some temp setup he gave her, but either way I can't configure it, un-install, or even get her to buy a license for it and enter it, since I can't bypass the password setup. It clearly states it's not updating, last update done was over a full month ago, and I found this on Eset's support site:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1273517720720

Though it states to submit a ticket with her license info, but what do I do when I nor she don't know it, and she never got that from him? Can anyone point me in the right direction, because her laptop is infected again with malware I believe, and I wish to get this properly fixed.. Thanks..

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Red Dawn

thanks, I bookmarked that in case that's the only solution I have, my hope is there is another way of getting this fixed, because I want to upgrade to the latest version with her buying a one year key and having it setup correctly, since she and her kids always seem to get infected with stuff.

4. Red Dawn

anyone know if the psw setup for the settings on NOD is case sensitive or not? Any other help on this would be great!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.