Password Protected AMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackspear, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I am doing work at a Clients home, his last technician password protected AMON and DISABLED it.

I Control-Alt-Deleted and ended task on all running applications of Nod, this then enabled me to delete the Eset folder (wasn't able to uninstall Nod or remove the Eset folder prior to this). Reinstalled Nod, upon which I was able to have AMON start automatically, HOWEVER, after the reboot and update, AMON is STILL Password protected.

At least the client is now protected by AMON.

I have used the unlock exe file provided by Rod from Australia, this didn't work, as the Control Centre was already available and not locked, it is AMON and IMON that are Password Protected.

Help is required o_O

Cheers :D

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you set a password to protect NOD32 settings, you'll still have access to Control center but not to plug-in (AMON, IMON or EMON) setup. Please use the utility unlock.exe Rod provided to you and send him the generated ID. He will send you the appropriate unlock code to disable the password-protection.

3. Blackspear

I did this and sent it back to Rod, he sent back a number which I used, it did NOT work, I rang Rod and he checked the number, it still does NOT work. He then suggested the method I tried, still does NOT work.

Suggestions please o_O

4. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Resolved yet? I think there is a newer version of the unlock-solution, better matching the version two of NOD32... IM me and I can give it a try too. :)

Best regards,
    Anders

5. Blackspear

Hi Anders, still unresolved, help is required please.

I have sent you an IM.

6. Blackspear

New version of Unlock.exe (file size is 44k, against old file size of 40k) worked perfectly, thanks for your help Anders.

My client is VERY happy, Amon is now enabled, password has gone (as has his old computer tech who password protected it with AMON DISABLED), Nod scanned and cleaned out trojans galore...

Cheers :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.