Password protect USB Flash Drive w/PStart?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by zapjb, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    I have a 1GB USB Flash Drive with PStart as the launcher. I want to password protect the drive. Just like a login password prompt. I don't want to encrypt anything. Takes too long.

I've tried U3 & portableapps launchers. Both sucked. I've tried at least 3 different encryption progams. All screwy.

Basically the functionality I'm looking for is just plugin the drive. Removable Disk options box opens with option of programs to chose. I chose PStart. Then I'd get a login password prompt.

2. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but check out what this guy did.
    http://glosoli.blogspot.com/2005/09/encrypted-thumb-drive-and-autoplay.html
    It uses Truecrypt, but makes it very easy. Truecrypt is easy anyway. As for encryption "taking too long", it sure doesn't on a small 1GB drive with Truecrypt. Select AES or Twofish for speed. The actual creation of the container may take a few minutes, but after that, it should be very fast. This guys method above is worth looking at.

--------------------

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Maybe it's me. I've tried this & others. I can't or they won't do what I want. I'm looking to just plugin the drive. Removable Disk options box opens with option of programs to chose. I chose PStart. Then I'd get a login password prompt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.