password problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by paul22, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul22

paul22 Registered Member

I tried the trial version of NOD 32. After it expired, I downloaded the full version. Now it prompts me for a password before it will allow me to do anything. I do not remember giving a password. I cannot even uninstall or anything without this password. What can I do to fix this problem. I tried pasting and typing in the password and username that I received in the email, but this seems different. Help!!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Paul and Welcome to Wilders ! :thumb:

The above sentence makes me not 100% sure what your problem is . I mean , have you ever entered a password for locking Control Center and its NOD32's settings ?

I, however , suspect your problem is different . If you have trialed NOD32 , you were able to upgrade to Full version without installing/reinstalling anything . There is a button called " Full version / upgrade to full version " which allows you do that . Anyway , I suspect you have installed the full version over the trial which makes a mess , or you might have not entered the username/password in the correct place .

No matter what you have done , I would not guess but will offer you to reinstall NOD32 so that you fix all the problems . The procedure is fast :

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system -> NOD32 version 2.7
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings . During the setup , enter your username and password which you received in email from ESET so that you can use/update NOD .

6) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Configure NOD32 as shown here

8 ) Enjoy ! :D

3. paul22

paul22 Registered Member

When I go into control panel/add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall NOD32 I am prompted by NOD32 for a password, it says it is password protected and will not allow me to uninstall without this password. What do I do at this point?

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok , I understood . A password for locking the settings have been entered .
    Have a look at ESET NOD32's FAQ http://www.eset.com/support/faq1.php?id=1087

As described in the link , download and run the utility Unlock.exe , copy the code it generates , contact ESET NOD32 Tech Support (mail to support@eset.com or fill in this)and provide them with that code . Explain them the situation/you may also give a link to this thread . After they reply you , enter the code in the Unlock.exe and this will unlock its settings .

After that it wouldn't hurt to perform the other suggestions I gave you just in case to make sure everything is and will be working/updating ok , because I am not completely sure what exactly you have done (in addition) :thumb:

Keep us informed ;) Good luck !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.