password problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by paul22, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul22

paul22 Registered Member

I tried the trial version of NOD 32. After it expired, I downloaded the full version. Now it prompts me for a password before it will allow me to do anything. I do not remember giving a password. I cannot even uninstall or anything without this password. What can I do to fix this problem. I tried pasting and typing in the password and username that I received in the email, but this seems different. Help!!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Paul and Welcome to Wilders ! :thumb:

The above sentence makes me not 100% sure what your problem is . I mean , have you ever entered a password for locking Control Center and its NOD32's settings ?

I, however , suspect your problem is different . If you have trialed NOD32 , you were able to upgrade to Full version without installing/reinstalling anything . There is a button called " Full version / upgrade to full version " which allows you do that . Anyway , I suspect you have installed the full version over the trial which makes a mess , or you might have not entered the username/password in the correct place .

No matter what you have done , I would not guess but will offer you to reinstall NOD32 so that you fix all the problems . The procedure is fast :

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system -> NOD32 version 2.7
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings . During the setup , enter your username and password which you received in email from ESET so that you can use/update NOD .

6) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Configure NOD32 as shown here

8 ) Enjoy ! :D

3. paul22

paul22 Registered Member

When I go into control panel/add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall NOD32 I am prompted by NOD32 for a password, it says it is password protected and will not allow me to uninstall without this password. What do I do at this point?

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok , I understood . A password for locking the settings have been entered .
    Have a look at ESET NOD32's FAQ http://www.eset.com/support/faq1.php?id=1087

As described in the link , download and run the utility Unlock.exe , copy the code it generates , contact ESET NOD32 Tech Support (mail to support@eset.com or fill in this)and provide them with that code . Explain them the situation/you may also give a link to this thread . After they reply you , enter the code in the Unlock.exe and this will unlock its settings .

After that it wouldn't hurt to perform the other suggestions I gave you just in case to make sure everything is and will be working/updating ok , because I am not completely sure what exactly you have done (in addition) :thumb:

Keep us informed ;) Good luck !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.