Password management over multiple platforms

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Baedric, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

I have used Keepass and LastPass for storing my passwords in the past. The dilemma that I currently have is that I cannot convince anyone else in my household to use them, and the programs don't all work on all the different platforms that we have in use. I am making a strong push to get everyone to stop using post-it notes, and other various insecure measures to both record and remember passwords.
    With that being said, I am looking at alternatives to Keepass and LastPass because although I like both of them, others do not. I have looked at Password Safe, Norton Identity Safe, and Dashlane, although I don't like the $29.99 annual fee for multiple devices per user (Dashlane).
    Does anyone have further suggestions of password managers that may fit our needs? (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 mobile, Ipad)

2. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I was going to suggest 1Password but it doesn't have a Windows Phone app.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

LastPass is available for all of those platforms. If you do not want to pay the annual fee, just use the bookmarklet.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I have looked over several of them over the years. I only went with KeePass and LastPass because they seemed to be the safest of their types and were the easiest to use over multiple locations and devices. IMO, for Windows, there are no other choices for what you are describing.

5. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

You can give passwordbox or mitro a try.

6. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions and input everyone! After looking at about 20 different products I have to agree with Han, that LastPass is probably the best option for us. I think that for the $12 premium LastPass account, it is also the most cost effective, and it will work on all the platforms I use. I am not fond of putting my most critical information in the cloud, and will continue to use something different locally for critical data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.