Password forgotton/resets

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by SteveBlanchard, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

I would sooner have 1 email telling me my user name/password - not the 10 I had last night!

Can you check to make sure there isn't a bug.

Cheers.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I don't see anything on our end showing that we sent 10 password resets to you. Our sendmail log shows 2 emails to the address on your profile. At 13:38 (this server's timezone), the first message with subject "Your login details...". Then at 14:10, the actual new password message, subject "Your new password...".

Can you check the messages you got and make sure that it wasn't on your end, and any extra copies you got weren't simply duplicates of the same message. That can happen for many reasons, such as with POP3 email, when a partial download happens but the message is not deleted from the server. It can be downloaded again. Some filtering or scanning products can do this, as well.

A review of the full headers headers (look for the timestamps and ID numbers, along with the handoffs - server to server) will tell you exactly what those were. Duplicates at your email service will show that they were identical because of the header info, and were not sent multiple times from here. If there are extra relays between us, you can tell which one duplicated, if it was done there. I've sent you a PM with the sendmail log lines, including the timestamps and smtp relay server IP addresses (two different ones at your provider) that we handed those messages off to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.