Password Depot - powerful and very user-friendly password manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Feb 11, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Password_Depot_Main.png Password_Depot_Password_Manager.png
    High Functionality
    Secure Data Use
    More: Feature and Highlights

"Mac, iOS and Android editions are currently free!", Limitations for the Windows edition (without buying a license):
    Password Depot v11.0.3 (February 02, 2018)
    Website
    Release Notes
    Download

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I tried it yesterday and I really like all the features it has, unfortunately I couldn't get the browser extension to work on chrome or vivaldi. It said that the main program wasn't started (but it was and I was logged in) so it did nothing :/ It also refused to import Enpass and Lastpass vaults (csv file) properly. It only imported the 20 entries allowed in the trial, no passwords or user id´s. I hope someone else has better luck, would love to read a review.

Their password checker seems to be very advanced. It said my master password was weak. According to their test it would take 203 years to crack it, but other password checkers I've tried said the same password would take a trillion years or so :)

3. longshots

longshots Registered Member

That usually depends on their default setting for "secure". I did run a small and quick comparison between some of these checkers and the majority tend to have a benchmark of 16 - 19 characters as a minimum. What's secure in one may not be in the others. Also, are you happy to use a password that would take 203 years to crack - using the capabilities available today. I am, but don't forget that in 5 years time that same password may be cracked in 203 minutes. Nevertheless, a bridge to cross when we get to it.

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

My master password has 22 characters and I am happy with it. But sure, in the future quantum computers can crack passwords in a second as I understand it. I am not to worried about it though, there will probably be two, three or more -factor authentications instead :) I will be more worried when quantum computers deciphers the database file instantly :)

5. longshots

longshots Registered Member

Moving along, is there anyone here actually using this software? Whenever someone posts a poll about which PM people are using this never gets a mention, so it would be interesting to hear from an everyday user.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

It was my first password manager in the early 2000 used up to version 7 or 8 before moving to lastpass. Very solid and professional application and good support via the forum or email. I moved away from it due to problems, from time to time, with browsers extensions, auto-fill and the limited support to cloud. May be these meanwhile have been resolved. If you don't mind to work locally and fill-in manually the credentials then its a good and secure choice.

7. korben

korben Registered Member

I am not being a *&^% here, yet I believe it is no winner against Keepass versatality and reliability.

Shoot me if I am wrong.

Well, it is always nice to have a plethora of alternatives before you pick the right one for you.

8. guest

guest Guest

Password Depot v11.0.5 (March 08, 2018)
    Website
    Release Notes
    Download

9. guest

guest Guest

Password Depot v11.0.6 (March 22, 2018)
    Website
    Release Notes
    Download

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.