Password and log in problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rlb4, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlb4

rlb4 Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image which I downloaded last week( 4/17/2006) I made a recovery disk and did a full back up of my hard drive. While I set up the back up process, I was asked for a user name and password. Since I am the only user of this computer I felt i didn't need one but nevertheless enterd both. Now when I schedule an incremental backup to run on its own, it doesn't and gives me an error message telling me that the user name and the password are not correct WHICH IS NOT TRUE. To say that I am frustrated is an understatement.

In addition The registratioin page doesn't seem to work properly.When I register I am told that I am already registered and am told to log in, which I do and am returned to the registratioin page

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rlb4,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that when scheduling a task using Acronis True Image embedded scheduling service you should enter the user name and password that you use to log into your Windows profile\account.

If that does not help then please try entering your user name in the form of "COMPUTER NAME\USER NAME" (see this previous post of mine for details).

Please also note that in order to be able to perform the backup operations using Acronis True Image 9.0 (either scheduled or manual) the user you are currently logged under should be a member of the Backup Operators and at least Power Users groups. You can edit particular user permissions by following: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> Right click on the User Name -> Properties.

If the above does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- When exactly does the program refuse to accept your user name and password?

- Do you receive any error, warning or informational messages? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Did you protect the initial full image with a password?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe);

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please see the screen shot below. It should make situation clear.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.