Partitions Lost

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Stryks, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryks

Stryks Registered Member

I've just finished a clean install on my machine and have just discovered that my partitions on my secondary hard drive appear to have dissapeared.

I made the partitions with Disk Director Suite some time ago and they have worked fine up until this point. Frankly I'm at a bit of a loss.

Do I need to re-install disk director to see these partitons again or should I install it again to fix this error?

When I was installing windows again it came up with hundreds of errors and corrupted bitmap faults as mentioned in another thread.

Alot of vital data on those drives .... so any assistance getting it back would be great.

2. Stryks

Stryks Registered Member

Ok, So I re-installed the software and next reboot, the drives are back.

So ... the next question is, why arent the partitions just standard partitions? Why make me install this software permenantly? I mean hey, I own a lot of software, but that doesn't mean I want it all sitting around on my hard drive all the time. Alot of stuff I will install, use and then uninstall, if for no other reason than to de-clutter my start menu.

But you're telling me I cant do that right? I have to install this and leave it installed. A tool I use every blue moon (in fact, I dont think I used it since that first time).

I wouldn't have parted with my cash had I known but ... oh well.

Cheers

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stryks,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, it is not necessary to keep Acronis Disk Director Suite installed in your operating system in order to be able to see partitions created with this software.

Could you please uninstall Acronis Disk Director Suite and check whether the issue remains?

If it does remain then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.