partitioning the system drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by bongo812, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo812

bongo812 Registered Member

I just purchased and downloaded DD 10 from the Acronis website and the program runs fine for the most part. I split the 2nd disk in my system (with only data on it) with no problem, but I was wondering if anything different needs to be done to split the bootable drive (1st drive) into an OS\programs partition and a seperate data partition. It seems to work just fine in DD, but when it reboots the C: drive still remains exactly the same, whether I carry data over or just try to carve off the free space into a new partition (to move data to it later).
    I am wondering if there are things that need to be disabled or enabled, or is the process somehow different for system drives to be partitioned.

By the way the drive is the C: drive, WinXP home.
    If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

p.s. I read somewhere earlier that I should update the drivers, disable the logging and then try it again (i will try this if this is the only option), I am just wondering though, if I just downloaded the program two days ago, will the drivers need to be updated? Also, has turning off logging actually helped in this case?

2. bongo812

bongo812 Registered Member

So I tried installing the new drivers without logging and that didn't help. I also noticed that now whatever I do as far as repartitioning is concerned, does not work. When I looked at the log, all of my disk partitioning operations had a warning: "Operation terminated by user" (which I searched the forums for and got these steps from). It seems right when I click "Proceed" (when asked to reboot by DD), the disk partitioning operation I just wanted to do disappears and is somehow "terminated by user"...

I also tried creating a bootable CD, but I think there might be something wrong with my CD writer as both DD and Nero failed to make the cd (both ISO image or plain CDR option through "Create bootable media" in DD).

I am including the file report.txt. I will try reinstalling DD to see if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bongo812,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2117) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.