PartitionExpert 2003 - what happened to my disk space?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Nick Tyrrell, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Tyrrell

Nick Tyrrell Guest

I just used PartitionExpert Resize wizard on my Toshiba laptop. The disk was partitioned into two 20Gb drives; the D: drive contains some Toshiba rescue siftware, so I wanted to keep it, but otherwise grow the C: partition as much as possible. So I shrank the D: partition to 200Mb, and grew the C: partition to 39Mb.

The result is that it seems to have shrunk my d: without growing my C:! Windows (XP - the drives are formatted as NTFS) reports exactly the same as before for C: (i.e. 20Gb total, 8GB used and 12Gb free), while PartitionExpert reports C: as 39Gb BUT with 27Gb used and thus (still) 12Gb free. Needless to say, I haven't added 19Gb of data! Both Windows and PartitionExpert report the D: drive as 1Gb.

How do I get my 19Gb back? I'd be happy just to go back to how things were (with two 20Gb partitions), although I'd still rather have a larger C: drive.

thanks

Nick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Nick Tyrrell

Nick Tyrrell Guest

Just for the information of the forum, Acronis failed to resolve this issue and eventually stopped replying to my e-mails. So now their software has mucked up my PC and there's little I can do about except back up and reformat. Thanks guys. Not much chance of me using your products again.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick Tyrrell,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. Could you please let me know your Acronis Request or send me PM with your e-mail address that you used to send a letter to Acronis Support Team?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.