partitionexpert 2003 PE

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by iceni60, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ive got a copy of partitionexpert 2003 PE, how does it work? do i have to partition my HD as im installing XP, or can i create a partition now. i want to install SLAX Linux. thanks

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Iceni60,

Looking at their web page it looks a lot like PowerQuest (now Symantec) Partition Magic. These programs let you add and change partitions while data is still on the hd (unlike fdisk or windows xp setup). You should be able to alter/add partitions right now. It is safest to do these repartitioning procedures outside of windows (or before windows loads), if there is a choice.
    If it needs to be done while windows is running, disable as many programs that could interfere with the process as you can, screen savers, AV, PG, AT, etc.
    You do not want this process to freeze in mid stream! Of course, a backup is recommended before doing it.
    As for specifics on Linux partitions, Meneer or someone else could help much better.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Devinco. i did it :D . i made a new partition. i thought i had Linux on disk, but im not sure now, i cant find it. but do you know, if i download SLAX Linux on my C drive, will i be able to install it on my new partition (E) drive?. i dont have a CD writter. what i want to do is, download the install to C drive then

1) run the setup on C drive then move/copy it to E drive, or

2) move the setup file to E drive and try and install it straight on the E drive

i hope there's a way of doing it, without having a CD writter. if its possible can you or anyone let me know. thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.