PARTITION WON'T 'LOCK' FOR RESTORE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RECIPE4SPEED, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RECIPE4SPEED

RECIPE4SPEED Registered Member

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm trying to recover a backup to a RAID 0 partition and T.I. 9.0 keeps stalling out while trying to lock the target partition. The target partition consists of 2 - 160GB SATA drives in a RAID 0 array. The array was added via the T.I 'Add a new disk' wizard, was freshly formatted NTFS, and has had chkdsk /r /x run on it. The system has been shut down and rebooted and the target drive shows up at boot in BIOS, in 'My Computer', and in 'Disk Management' as "Healthy", but each time I try to restore my backup archive (which has been validated) to the drive it just keeps running "Locking partiton E....." without ever actually locking. Any ideas?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which build number are you using, and have you tried restoring using the recovery CD or the BartPe one?

Colin

3. RECIPE4SPEED

RECIPE4SPEED Registered Member

I'm using T.I. 9.0, recently updated, and I've tried using the recovery CD and got the same thing. I managed to just do a simple mount of the image archive I was trying to restore and transferred the files and programs I needed from the image to my boot drive, (2 x 320GB SATA II in RAID 0) but still can't 'lock' the other array (2 x 160GB SATA in RAID 0) for full recovery.

Current Build:
    Asus A8N32SLI
    AMD 64X2 4400+
    2 x Seagate 320GB SATA II in RAID 0 (boot)
    2 x Seagate 160GB SATA in RAID 0
    250GB W.D. External Combo Drive
    2GB OCZ Extreme DDR II
    XFX 7600GT, 256mb
    Audigy 2ZS Platinum
    BenQ DVD R/RW
    Lite-On DVD R/RW/RAM
    Thermaltake Toughpower 600W SLI PSU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.