Partition Table lost - TrueCrypt partition not accessible

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Jonas Lellmann, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jonas Lellmann

Jonas Lellmann Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if the following has already been asked over and over again. I did a bit of reading on this board and found a lot of similar threads, but I am not sure is my problem has already exactly been covered.

I have an external 500GB (rather 465GiB) drive which contained two partitions:
    • a first one, ~100GB, unencrypted.
    • a second one containing the remaining ~365GB, TrueCrypt encrypt.
    I accidentally formatted the disk using DiskFormatter 4.0 which was intended to be done on a microSD card for a Raspberry Pi OS. DiskFormatter created a 256 MB FAT partition and another 32 MB partition, leaving 465,48GB as unallocated. Somewhere at about 100 gigabytes in the disk, my TrueCrypt partition starts.

I do not have any backups for the disk, neither for the TrueCrypt header nor the partition table or MBR.

From my understanding, the partition data should still be intact on the disk. The only thing missing is the partition information. Is there any chance to recover my data? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jonas

[Edit]
    A TestDisk scan produced the following result:
    TestDisk.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Jonas Lellmann

Jonas Lellmann Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.