Partition Manager 9.0 Personal Edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Buckman, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckman

Buckman Registered Member

Does anyone know if 'Partition Manager 9.0 Personal Edition' will work in Windows 7? Thanks-- The 'Buckman'-- :D

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Partition Manager 9 Supports only Windows Vista / 2000 / XP.

PM 10 supports Windows 7.

3. Buckman

Okay then, do you know if the Paragon PM 9.0 Bootable CD can even be used if I boot from it, when Windows 7 is installed on the active primary partition (C:\)? Thanks -

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes - works fine for me. PM10 is even better, of course.

What are you wanting to do?

If you post a screenshot of the Disk Management window - that would be helpful.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  5. Buckman

SIW2, I rarely create any partitions or apply partition-changes with PM 9.0 from within the WindowsXP desktop, but from the PM 9.0 Recovery CD. I'm 'thinking' about upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit soon, and I want to make sure that Windows 7 will be a 'keeper' before I invest in Partition Manager 10, and not if I don't need to, at least not right away. To clearify, are you able to use Partition Manager 9.0 from the Recovery CD with Win7 active 'and' from the Windows 7 desktop, or were you saying just from the Recovery CD?

To answer your question,"What are you wanting to do?"; I was wondering if any or all of the features of PM 9.0 were usable from the Recovery CD (and/or the desktop) with Windows 7/64-bit installed on the active partition/'C'....) Thanks!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The new NT6 partitioning rules are the same for Vista and 7.

Paragon products are the best partitioners you can get.

You will be fine to use 9 series to create a new partition to install 7 onto.

The Paragon bcd corrector ( you will find it on under the boot correction options on the cd) on the 9 series doesn't support 7. The partitioning functions work fine from the windows XP /Vista/7 GUI and the boot disc.

If you have PM9 installed on XP now - you can create a new partition from within XP, or with the Paragon boot disc - that should be very straightforward.

It will be simpler to create a partition on the right of XP - that saves changing boot.ini.

If you decide to keep 7 and remove XP - you may then want to shift the 7 partition to occupy the lower address spaces (where xp is now). PM10 will do that for you beautifully.

I am sure 7 will be a keeper for you - and that you will upgrade to 10 series.

Hope it helps.

7. Buckman

Thanks for a very helpful answer. Just one more thing, when you wrote "The partitioning functions work fine from the windows XP /Vista/7 GUI and the boot disc", did you mean that 9.0 does install in Windows 7, referring to the PM 9.0 GUI in the Windows 7 desktop?
    Again, thanks....very helpful!

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, it installs on 7 ( provided you have the same bit version - you can't install the 32 bit version of PM9 on 7 x64, obviously).

9. Buckman

Thanks! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.