Partition Manager 11 - Recovery cd doesn't work

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by stenox1063, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stenox1063

stenox1063 Registered Member

Hi. I just bought Partition Manager 11. I have installed it in my Windows Vista O.S. Then I created the bottable media cd (with the option to give the drivers of the controllers of the mainboard with chipset intel ip35: ichR9 and a common Jmicron). The recovery cd doesn't boot: i can see the mainly screen with boot options (normal mode, safe mode etc...), but whichever I select, it doesn't boot; it stay "frozen" in the first screen. Some suggestions? (the drivers I gave for building the recovery cd, are the same I use to install the O.S. with the F6 key).
    Thanks for any suggestions

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

3. stenox1063

stenox1063 Registered Member

Thaks Siw2. In fact the bootable cd with bartPE environment works fine, ... but i must add some drivers as well. I guess I must have a software to edit the iso file and add some drivers. Thanks for your suggestion. Greetings
    Steno

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Are you using Bartpe or the WinPe 2.1 downloaded from your account?

As you have Vista, you can use this little app. to edit the winpe 2.1 boot.wim and include 32 bit Vista drivers.

http://cid-b0a22789320e3247.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/pe/7^_V^_XP^_ADDRV^_PE2.1.zip

Copy and paste the contents of the Paragon winpe 2.1 cd to your drive , e.g. directly onto the C partition.

d/l this, then rt click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR on the .cmd file.

Browse to the boot .wim inside the "sources" folder of the Paragon cd you copied to your HD.

Browse to .inf in your drivers folder you wish to include.

That's it , only takes a few seconds.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.