Partition images from the IBM xSeries346

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tschroeder, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tschroeder

tschroeder Registered Member

Hello,

I have massive problems with the IBM xSeries 346 RAID Controller while creating/restoring system images with Acronis True Image Server 7.0 build 630/Acronis True Image Server 8.0:

System Configuration:

Server: x346, bought in December 2004/January 2005
    (containing the Adaptec AIC 7902B HostRAID Controller and other original IBM components offered with this model)

(installed with original IBM Server CD)

When True Image starts from DVD (bootable medium), the software can't detect the RAID array HDDs.

As a result of that problem the software can't restore the system image (which the software has created successfully before). No HDD is detected.

We know this effect: when you try to boot from the Windows 2003 CD you get the message that there's no HDD where Windows could be installed, so you have to install Windows by using the original IBM Server CD or burn your own Windows Boot CD containing the driver for the Adaptec AIC 7902B HostRAID Controller.

Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas Schroeder

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Server.

Acronis program doesn't support bootable DVD. please try to make bootable CD with Acronis True Image Server 8.0 and boot from it. If you will have any problem with bootable CD please contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. tschroeder

Hello,

We burned a True Image Boot CD from both, True Image 7.0 and 8.0.

But it didn't work.

I think the True Image Boot CD contains only a few HDD drivers, that could be the reason why detecting of the raid HDDs fails.

Is there any possibilty to "manipulate" the True Image Boot CD?

Could I prepare the content of the Boot CD (add the driver of the Adaptec RAID Controller to make the "Booting True Image" detect the RAID HDDs)?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tschroeder,

Your controller is supported in the latest build (826) of Acronis True Image Server 8.0. Please make sure that you use the latest build that is available on our web site. In order to get access to
    updates you should register account on our site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/registration/ (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products/registration/. If you use the latest build now please create a sysinfo.txt (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. tschroeder

Thank you very much.

Creating and restoring of the image was successful.

With best regards

Thomas Schroeder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.