Partition Expert works on Serial Ata?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Alf, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alf

Alf Guest

Hi,
    In my old pc, I have used (with soddisfation!) True Image 7.
    Some months ago, in italian magazine, there was a complete copy of Acronis PartitionExpert Personal
    Now, I've a copy registrated and I would install to my hard disk S-Ata and partitioning it.

Since installing XP, I've must use a floppy with driver Via Scsi/Sata, my question is:
    Partition Expert Personal is compatible with Serial Ata? Can I use without loss of data, in Windows XP? If it isn't compatible, Disk Director Suite 9 do? And True Image 7 too?

My configuration:
    MB Asus A8V Deluxe
    CHIP Via K8T800Pro
    BIOS v. 8.00.09 (9/15/04)
    HD Western Digital 80 Gb SATA installed on Port Serial_1 (southbridge Via VT8237)
    (Controller Promise disable).
    S.O. Windows XP - SP2 on C:\ (unique partition).

I'll wait your answer; I'm afraid to cause problems to hard disk...

Have a good day.

PS.: Excuse me for my poor english...

2. Alf

Alf Guest

Anyone can help me, please?

3. Alf

Alf Guest

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alf,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

I am very sorry for not answering to you for a long time.

Acronis True Image 7.0 supports SATA drives. However Acronis Partition Expert Personal doesn't. The newer and more powerful version of Acronis Partition Expert is Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 which supports SATA disks and can be used in your case.

If you are not sure about Acronis software performance with your hardware you may download free trial version of any Acronis product and see whether it works properly with your system. Please visit the page below:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software please feel free to ask them.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.