Partition Expert Problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Beljames, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beljames

Beljames Guest

Hi

I recently flirted with Linux and used Partition Expert to create a new partition in unused space and installed Linux there. Got over my Linux thing and de-installed it, which left me with the free space back on my drive.

I tried to use Partition Expert to add this back to the original partition, and all seemed well. PE shows the partition to have increased to the original size (I'm a simple man - there's only one very big parition!), although it shows the extra space as used (i.e the free space on the drive has not changed). Windows is not showing the increased disk size and still reports the drive to be at the reduced (Linux enabled) size.

CHKDSK shows the size to be at the smaller size, although DISKPART shows the partition to be the larger size.

Am I missing something stupid here? The only reason I de-installed Linux was to get the space back!

2. beljames

beljames Guest

Sorry - I should point out that this is Partition Expert 2003 Build 278 (a freebie, but I was impressed enough to consider a future purchase...)

The drives are NTFS formatted.

3. AngelArs

AngelArs Registered Member

... I hope you realize that you are wasting a LOT of disk space by doing that due to cluster size ... ;)

Why would you worry about getting your de-installed Linux space back, when your wasting all that other space?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello beljames,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please describe the way you tried to increase the free space? What does Acronis Partition Expert 2003 show when you launch it now? Are there still two partitions or only one? If there are still two partitions please delete the one which contained Linux and then increase the free space of the other one.

If the problem still persists please send Acronis Report (see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317) to support@acronis.com and indicate that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. Also please include the link to this thread in the letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.