Partition Expert 2003 + Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Iscaryoth, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iscaryoth

Iscaryoth Guest

hello.
    my disk layout was looking like this:

[ pri: drive c, ntfs ]|ext:[ drive d, fat32, 30 gb | drive e, ntfs, 4gb | linux swap 512 | linux ext3, 2,5gb ]

after a few successiful attempts to resize my partitions, being impressed how it was done on-the-fly, i needed much more space on the linux partition. so i did the following:
    - resided partition D:,
    - moved E: to the beginning of unallocated space after D:
    - deleted swap/linuxext3, and created new ones.
    i knew, that my windows wouldn't load after such operration, as grub installed on mbr lost all the necessary information. i gave it a try. PartitionExpert rebooted my computer and in the console began the process. after a while i saw my computer rebooting, so I thought that it has finished processing my drive. i began installing linux once more. but i needed to get fast to my windows. so i issued a command from msdos prompt: fdisk /mbr.
    my windows booted and began loading. but it didn't load the system, yet showed the console, as it would like to repartition again. i saw the 'acronis partition expert' message.. then after displaying info about analyzing partitions it hanged. now i cannot use my windows, because partitionexpert blocks it on every boot. is there a posibility to disable loading it at startup manually? or by modifying some files on my drive?
    thanks.
    :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Iscaryoth,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis Partition Expert any more because it is rather old version. However, you may try to boot with Acronis Partition Expert bootable CD and try to resize the partitions slightly. This may solvethe problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.