partition assignment by HDM 6 not recognized by winxp

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by fullcane, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fullcane

fullcane Registered Member

Hi,

why does winxp not recognize, when a partition is hidden by HDM 6? Even after several reboots, winxp does still assign a drive letter to the hidden partition and also shows the content of the drive, while HDM is telling that the partition is hidden. I have tried to remove the drive letter assignment via winxp directly, but then winxp warns of completely deleting the partition, which is not what I want.

Kind regards
    fullcane

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

3. fullcane

I have now installed PBR10 and executed it. PBR10 pretended to remove the drive letter, but after "Apply" and reboot, the drive is still there.

Strange, isn't it? Any other hint?

Kind regards
    fullcane

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Strange indeed. Do you know if any program installed that might be involved? Some program is automatically changing the registry to reassign the partition a drive letter it seems.What about setting both inactive and hide partition.

5. fullcane

but how could I find out, which program that might be? I checked the registry for f:\ (the drive letter of the hidden drive), but I couldn't find a hint. The only thing that appeared suspicious to me is the following registry key:

HKEY_Users/HKEY_USERS/"Key Code"/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MountPoints2/"Another Key Code"/Shell/Autorun/command

containing the entry F.\autorun.exe, but this could as well be harmless.

The strange thing is that both HDM 6 and PB&R 10 indicate that the drive is hidden, but the drive is not hidden for WinXP.

Kind regards
    fullcane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.