Partioning A Hardrive Question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Mr2cents, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

I have a question concerning how to partition a hardrive. I'm still running "windowsMe" operating system. I want to upgrade to "Windows xp pro". Here's my question. I want to set up a dual boot system. I want to be able to run "Windows Me" and "Windows XP" on the same hardrive, by doing a partition. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

I'm looking at "Bootit" from the terrabyte corporation" I think I spelled that correctly. I have no idea how to run this software. Anybody give me advice on this? I've never partitioned a hardrive before. This is all new to me. Another question. Must I reformat my computer before making a partition. I hope not. I haven't reformatted in over 3 years.

However, if necessary I'm willing to reformat. I do have all my data backed up on cd. Any help would be appreciated. I just noticed I spelled "Partitioning" wrong in the title to this thread. No way I can edit it. LOL

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  4. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Thanks for the info and links everyone. I downloaded the trial version of "acronis disk director". This program seems easy to use,even for a beginner like myself. However, it's only a demo version. If I want it to work , I must purchase it.

I noticed in the acronis forum here on wilders, that this question has been asked several times. I'll keep you guys updated if I decide to actually keep windows me. After purchasing "windows xp pro".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.