Partioning A Hardrive Question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Mr2cents, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

I have a question concerning how to partition a hardrive. I'm still running "windowsMe" operating system. I want to upgrade to "Windows xp pro". Here's my question. I want to set up a dual boot system. I want to be able to run "Windows Me" and "Windows XP" on the same hardrive, by doing a partition. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

I'm looking at "Bootit" from the terrabyte corporation" I think I spelled that correctly. I have no idea how to run this software. Anybody give me advice on this? I've never partitioned a hardrive before. This is all new to me. Another question. Must I reformat my computer before making a partition. I hope not. I haven't reformatted in over 3 years.

However, if necessary I'm willing to reformat. I do have all my data backed up on cd. Any help would be appreciated. I just noticed I spelled "Partitioning" wrong in the title to this thread. No way I can edit it. LOL

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  4. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Thanks for the info and links everyone. I downloaded the trial version of "acronis disk director". This program seems easy to use,even for a beginner like myself. However, it's only a demo version. If I want it to work , I must purchase it.

I noticed in the acronis forum here on wilders, that this question has been asked several times. I'll keep you guys updated if I decide to actually keep windows me. After purchasing "windows xp pro".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.