Part Exp 2003 partition size problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by nickpaton, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickpaton

nickpaton Registered Member

Partition Expert 2003 free with PC Pro. I am prepared to upgrade if necessary.

System XP fully patched, but deliberately not including SP2.

2 off Maxtor HDD 18Gb in RAID 0 configuration.

I have 2 partitions c: 12Gb, e: 24Gb, both created some time ago with this program.
    On checking C drive, I discovered that only 9% space left & so used Partition Expert to add a further 8Gb, taken from the E drive. I have extensively used this program without problems in the past.

When I came to finalise or complete this as per PE prompt, Windows bluescreened and said there was an error, and rebooted.

On rechecking the C drive size within Windows, it now reported it was still 12Gb with again just 9% space left.

I then checked with PE and found that C drive was now 20Gb, but with still 9% remaining.

From the Microsoft Run command, entered discmgmt.msc and found that again the disc size in the top box was 12Gb, but in the bottom more graphical box was 20Gb, both with 9% remaining.

Do you know what has happened, and how this can be sorted out?

Many thanks

Nick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick,

Thank you for using Acronis Partition Expert (http://www.acronis.com/products/partitionexpert/).

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this matter and we will definitely resolve this issue.

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to support@acronis.com? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Someone

Someone Guest

I have the seme error, but i've lost less disk space, i would imagine that this is a SP2 error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.