parental controls

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by brihy1, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

i use the parental controls on my vista pc and like them,does anyone know of a free program like the vista one for windows xp?the vista parental controls block sites and downloading for different user accounts.i tried k9 web protection and like it but it doesnt support settings for different user accounts.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Page search 10:04 am, the comment by John Carosella. Whether his "workaround" accomodates your version I couldn't say.

3. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

no thats k9 web protection its good but cant set settings for different windows users.

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Most secure way I know of is to use a router that will manage net access via mac addresses. Mine does this, and my kids mac addresses are entered. I then use another spot in the router where I can designate 40 allowed websites for anyone with an access rule in place. Works very nice and is pretty easy, if your router supports it. My kids are still pretty young though. I doubt a teenager would like to be limited to only a few different websites.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.