Pardus 2011 released

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Tony, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

2. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

Thought i'd give this a one go as it's received such rave reviews.
    My oh my oh my, what a gem Pardus is! What can I say, everything just works, and beautifully at that.
    Pardus is the only distro with the 2.6.37 kernel that has configured my radeon card properly and been able to resume from suspend without a problem. No other distro i've tried has managed that. My printer is automatically recognised along with all my other hardware.
    Package management is a dream. Straight forward and logical.
    Pardus looks beautiful with fantastic gtk integration. No other kde distro i've tried is as well put together asthetically as Pardus, even opensuse. Even fonts are displayed well, not to ubuntu cleartype like standard but definately acceptable.
    Speed? Oh yes, this moves as fast as any distro i've seen. Not just gui fast but functionally fast, as in unpacking archives, moving files around and such.
    Even the install process is the most elegant i've experienced!
    I make no apology for all this gushing. I think i've finally found distro utopia. Pardus 2011 is good, very good.

3. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

Edit: fonts are perfect once slight hinting is enabled. And gtk integration is just awesome.

I'm yet to find anything I don't like or doesn't work as intended thus far. Really looking forward to using this over a period of time to get a real feel for it and to see how it performs in day to day use. Pardus has really restored my faith in linux. It's been a while since I have been truely excited by a distro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.