Paragons Backup 10 Home

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by camper913, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camper913

camper913 Registered Member

Is this fourm for both Paragon Free and the Paid versions of their backup programs. I'm trying out the trial version of the 10 Home. Has anyone purchased this program and can let me know how you think it is. I tried one question to the support by email, and it took a few days to get an answer. And if you purchase a program you only get a few months of support without haveing to buy a support plan, which is not good for a program you paid for.
    I tried one backup and then wanted to test it to see if ok. I clicked on check backup disks (I did DVD's) I put in first disk and got disk is bootable and it seem to be checking the file part and then it finished but did not ask for second disk. I take it you have to check one disk at a time.
    Thanks for any info I can get from users to find out if this is what I want.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Camper,

I haven't tried backing up to dvd and checking each dvd - it seems logical that is the way to do it.

What functions are you looking for in your backup program?

Paragon do a range of products with differing functions.

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Paragon doesn't have limited support. If you have full\free version, you can contact Paragon team any time, and they will help you as soon as possible. Even if you have very old product.

As of Backup to CD: yes, you can verify one CD\DVD each time, so to check entire backup, you need to perform check for all DVDs with Backup one-by-one. It is not very user-friendly operations, but it works that way.

4. camper913

Thanks SIW2 for your reply, I was begenning to think no one would. I'm trying to find a backup program that will work and not let you down when needed. And will make your WinPE disk without having to have the Windows disk, As you most likely know the new computers don't have disks anymore, you have to make your own restore disks and have a recover partition on your hard drive. And when you recover with the partition you get all of thoses "free" programs with it.
    What I want to do is, do a complete recover, get rid of all thoes unwanted programs, do all of the windows updates todate, and then to a backup of the drive. Then when I want to start over, drop in the backup and do all of the updates that I missed when the backup was made and go from there. Saves a lot of time when you dob't have to delete all the programs you don't want and start from point one again.
    I'm going to try Easeus ToDo Backup. It's a free one with a few high reviews.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes I have tried TODO.

If you want an app. that comes with a downloadable winpe disc - you need a paid app.

That is because there is a license fee to MS for the use winpe by a commercial company.

The free ones usually allow you to run off some sort of Linux based rescue cd.

That's a good plan.

6. camper913

Thanks SIW2 for your input. So, would I be a lot better off going for a paid version to be able to get the WinPe boot option, like with the Paragon Home 10. Or would the free one's work for me for what I'm doing. I don't have very much smarts on backup programs. I have been reading where a lot of them fail when it's time to recover.

7. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

Go with the Paid version the WInPe is so much better then the Linux/Dos recovery, its easier to understand

8. camper913

So, I will get the WinPe boot program with the paid version. I don't have to have the Windows install disk to make it?

9. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There is no need to install main program if you prefer WinPE.

Download WinPE self-burning image in *.exe file.
    Run *.exe file and follow the wizard to burn CD.

Note: if Unpack&Burn Wizard fails to recognize your CD\DVD-ROM, please save image to file and then use another CD-Burner (e.g. Nero) and burn ISO as image.

10. camper913

Mech An, now I'm really lost. So how do I do what your are talking about. I thought I can only get WinPe if I purchased a program.

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You do have to buy the program to be able to download the WinPe iso.

It is ready made.

Mech An thought you wanted to use the winpe recovery cd instead of installing the main program .

You can do that if you like - but you still have to buy the app.

The main program and winpe iso are available for download separately from your account after you buy the license.

12. camper913

Thanks SIW2, that clears things up. You said you tried ToDo Backup. I take it you did not care for it. I did 2 backups to DVD with it and both did not pass the verify part. I think I will give the Home 10 a try with the trial version and see if it can make it.
    Thanks

13. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I think the Paragon trial versions have some limitations.

I have a copy of BR10 Home as well - it's very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.