Paragon System Backup 2010 Freezes

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bigw1231, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigw1231

bigw1231 Registered Member

I really like this program, and it has saved me more than I care to admit, so I want to try to keep it on my PC. In my taskbar, I get the orange shield and it says "Automatic Backup have not been created recently". I double click on the shield, and the System Backup main screen comes up. USUALLY I click the "Backup Now" button, and it then says I need to restart the sytem, andwhen I do after boot, the system gets backed up. (phew!)

Now, when I see the orange shield, and double click it, I get the System Backup screen, but when I click on Backup Now, it freezes. Nada, nothing, zippo.

I have to run task manager to kill the process, and I have rebooted, nothing. I have tried to access the program from the shortcut key, nothing. Tried to access it thru Start-> Programs-> paragon System backup, nothing.

Help?!

Thanks in advance!

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Try to re-install the program first.

What antivirus do you have?

3. bigw1231

bigw1231 Registered Member

I am using AVG, and I will try to reinstall the program.
    I will keep you posted, and thanks for the reply!

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Try to re-install as follows:
    1) from Control panel -'Add/remove programs' uninstall Paragon program
    2) disable AVG
    * run installation of Paragon program
    * once completed, restart your PC
    3) Add all System Backup *.exe files to exceptions list of AVG (enable Any Location checkbox)

Check if it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.